ACC Requests

Select a form to submit requests to the Architectural Control Committee for any of the following activities:

  • New exterior construction (all types)
  • Landscaping (front and back yard)
  • Adding play structures
  • Adding or modifying porch covers
  • Adding or modifying decks or patios
  • Adding walks or extending driveways
  • Building retaining walls (front and back yard)
  • Adding swimming pools or hot tubs
  • Adding or changing exterior fencing
  • Adding a storage buildings or sheds
  • Painting exterior trim, siding, structures
  • Adding or changing siding

Note: Depending on the type of work, you might also need to get a permit either from the City of Banks or Washington County. The ACC does not issue or approve permits.

Submit the request

You can submit your application either online or print and mail your application to the ACC via US Mail.

If you have questions or concerns about an ACC request, send email to directly.

You can find all posted rules and guidelines specific to submitting requests under Documents > ACC Forms and Policies. You can find information related to architecture standards in the CC&Rs: Documents > CC&Rs and Bylaws.

Removing Trees

If you want to remove a park strip tree as a standard lot homeowner you need to fill out a city application and get their approval. Applications are available at the Banks City Hall, during normal business hours, or online at

From the City of Banks website, select Forms&Permits> Park, Recreation and Trees > Tree Removal & Replacement Application. Print the form and submit it to the City for review.

Carriage owners cannot remove trees from the parkstrip or yards (both front and sides if facing a street) without the approval of the Architectural Control Committee.


Sidewalk repair and maintainance are not the responsibility of the AVHA. Sidewalk repair and maintenance are the responsibility of the homeowner adjacent to the sidewalk. In many cases, you will need a permit to replace a damaged sidewalk.